Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Ekka Wednesday Row

It's interesting how a small change creates ripples.

Monday I received a text asking if the crew would like a later start time. Dutifully replied in the affirmative. Later received a text confirming the later start time of 5:45.

First ripple, as I got in my car at 5:15, I see a text from Sarah our cox asking if rowing is on. The most valuable person in the crew had been forgotten. 

Next ripple, a usually reliable person was late. 

Third ripple and the Brisbane rowing club who live next door decided to move their row later to the same time and got in the queue in front of us. 

Fourth ripple: City cats had awoken and were in full force. 

On the other hand it was a pretty good row. After various technique bits we did a number of 5 minute work pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment