Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

AVCHD MP4 HD Video Editing Programs

Previous review in 2012 here
At that time I was using Serif Movieplus X6.  I still own this but the buggers have switched off the activation server that is needed to allow me to reinstall it.

So the question is what are my options

What would I like
~$100
AVCHD, MP4, etc
Timeline with Unlimited tracks.
Personally I prefer a light look to the program although dark seems to be the prevailing look these days.
Multicam ie auto align tracks based on the audio

Adobe Premiere Pro $343.
NCH Moviemaker $58.18
Movari Video Editoe Special $34.99  "Plus"  $59.99
Vegas Movie Studio 16..$64.99?   $99.99   "Suite" version $189.99 Pro17 $599
Cyberlink   $149.99   Director Suite 365 $119.99
Magix Movie Edit Pro Premium $199
VideoStudioPro.Com  $69,  $79
Pinacle Studio 23 Ultimate $144.95
AVS4YOU.com
Openshot.org - FREE


VideoStudioPro.Com
This turns out to be Corel and also seems to be Pinnacle, Roxio.
When I went to install VideoStudioPro I got this strange registration form.  Makes it look like the file has been hijacked.  i'm sure it hasn't.







These guys offer two models - Pro and Ultimate but I don't know what the difference is.
-Pro $AU90   -Ultimate $79
Finally found a compare screen here
I suspect the -pro is good enogh
Claims to do multicam


Pinacle
Well Pinacle is a part of Corel and looks like they have the same program.













NCH VideoPad
Could not work out how to add tracks - may have been a restriction on the demo.
Could not export so no idea how fast it renders - again a demo restriction


Openshot.org

It works and is straightforard to use.
Overlapping video does not make a fade.
Rendering is slow.  I did not see an option to only render when necessary.  I would have thought you just render the transitions and copy the rest.

No multicam





















No comments:

Post a Comment