Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Video Editing Programs




2019 comparison
included the various corel programs

 

Hitfilm Exress
Adobe Premiere Pro $343.
NCH Moviemaker $58.18
Movari Video Editoe Special $34.99  "Plus"  $59.99
Davici Resolve (Free) - From Black magic.  Superslow to load
Cyberlink   $149.99   Director Suite 365 $119.99 - no
Corel
VideoStudioPro.Com  $69,  $79  = Corel
Pinacle Studio 23 Ultimate $144.95 = Corel
Magix
Magix Movie Edit Pro Premium $199
Vegas Movie Studio 16..$64.99?   $99.99   "Suite" version $189.99 Pro17 $599 = Magix -OK
AVS4YOU.com
Openshot.org - FREE - no
Filmora 9 - no

Hitfilm Exress

Suposed to be free but be blowed if I can work out how to download the free version.

Movari Video Editor
 Special $34.99  "Plus"  $59.99 <-- are="" br="" different="" it="" knows="" land="" look="" lots="" meaningless.="" nbsp="" of="" on.="" on="" page="" pages.="" price="" prices="" seems="" there="" today="" tomorrow="" what="" who="" will="" you="">
Basic.  Usable.  Nowhere near as easy or flexible as the defunct serif editor.
Trial version has a watermark
Rendering speed is OK.  Stabilisation feature works well.
Help is online.  No offline help.
Screen recorder is an extra charge.
WARNING 

So I see this add online.
So I decide to buy.

I've already down loaded the trial version.
When I enter my activation code, I get told wrong version.
Looks like the $39 is for last years model.

So I download the appropriate version which turns out to be videoeditor15


















It feels like Movavi has a gazillion incantactions of almost the same thing but not quite.

At the end of the day I have no real idea of what I have bought or should buy



























Davinci Resolve (Black Magic)
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/
Seems awkward


FILMORA 9
Frustratingly slow.  I also suspect that it wont work without the internet.



 

 

 

 

 

openshot.org

Rendering seems to loose resolution
scrub seems hard.  No grouping clips - seem to have to move each one.


https://www.videostudiopro.com/en/products/videostudio/pro/?sourceid=vsp2019-xx-ppc_brkws&currency=en-US&x-vehicle=ppc_pla&gclid=Cj0KCQiAv8PyBRDMARIsAFo4wK15bRy4Y8QKePL6XxquDyyJo-0Qz_vpLMhe605wcy5Qj3SQVFUsXewaAosxEALw_wcB


Cyberlink Power Director

Trimming seemed cumbersome.
in fact te whole timeline operation was awkward.
There are times when one clicks things like to render export and it takes forever to open the screen.

trial videos watermarked.











Vegas PRO

So far OK.
Timeline seems OK
Titling is awkward
Rendering is slow but I have not worked out yet how to match output to input format
My input is 1920x1080 25fps
ie 1080i
I think my output is different













1 comment:

  1. We're lost. Looks like obsessive compulsive electronics.

    ReplyDelete