Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Cirque du soleil Kooza

https://www.cirquedusoleil.com
Cirque du soleil

As Phoebe and I drove home from the Gold Coast, she received a call from her Nephew offering 3 free tickets to Cirque du soleil.  

Initial thought was to invite her kids as her eldest's birthday is next week.  No takers. Decided to invite friends Robin and Chris. They accepted. That was great.  It's so nice sharing an experience with interesting friends. 

We met at Robin's house at 5pm and shared a drink. 

Shared my car with the intention to cruise racecourse road Hamilton and find a restaurant. Choose the Hamilton hotel.  It was loud with excitement as people had gathered to watch the AFL grand final and Brisbane had won.

Interestingly Phoebe and I both ordered a burger and beer. One of us commented that it had been a while since they'd had a burger and the other said a burger is associated with a pub meal. Maybe we've grown into each other. 

Onto Cirque du soleil and we parked outside on the road pointing east. I wanted to avoid the $20 parking charge. 

On the way in we posed for a photo infront of a sign.

Inside, on my part,  a mix of feelings:  on the one hand a wow factor associated with three strength and skill of the performers. 

The staging was great.  Some wow factor with a three level construction with performer entrance at the bottom, live musicians in the middle and occasional performers appearing on the top level. 

A few negatives that I felt detracted.

Cirque du soleil pitch themselves as top shelf as distinct from those old tired travelling circuses that set up in a suburban parks. 

In the end though the show was a series of discrete acrobatic performances by skilled people.

AND or? BUT
The chairs were plastic, 
A bit too narrow,
packed too close both side-side and also 
minimal space to the row in front.

The AC was too cold and blew on the back of my head. It would have been great on a hot daytime performance but not at night. 

They had swanky VIP rooms visible on the way in but inside it felt like VIPs sat on the same squashed plastic seats. I thought they should have had some kind of swanky seating. Maybe like a corporate box.

The performances were ok but I felt the production lacked the wow factor support such as was a part of the magic show I went to with Daniel. (The incredibles?)
Music and lights were subdued and maybe add a master of ceremonies(ring master haha).  The MC could also have helped to tell the story that strings the various performances together. 























No comments:

Post a Comment