PREVIOUS SETUPS
https://thomsoneu.blogspot.com/2024/09/setting-up-x1-thinkpad.html
https://thomsoneu.blogspot.com/2024/04/setting-up-t490s.html
ISSUES:
Thunderbird is not compact view.
Thunderbird not on the task bar.
No Classic / Open Shell
1. Re DOWNLOAD FREEWARE - NINITE.COM
Download and install
Firefox, Chrome, 7-Zip, Putty, Classic Start, WinSCP, Notepad++
VLC, K-Lite Codecs, Thunderbird, Foxit Reader,Open Shell
2. Restart
3. OPEN SHELL
Right click>Setting>Replace Start Button
4. FIREFOX
Home screen is MRP->my blog
It says "Your browser is being managed by your organization".
I was able to find the location where my blog was listed and drag it up to make it first priority
BUT it keeps making a new tab rather than just opening home. For another day.
SCREEN HUNTER
https://www.wisdom-soft.com
https://www.wisdom-soft.com/downloads/downloadfiles.htm
Free version but I at some time in the past paid $US19.95 for 5 licences
ONE DRIVE
In the end, I had to log into work one drive and then add the personal one drive. This was done by
Open OneDrive Settings:
Click the OneDrive cloud icon (usually a blue icon for work) in your system tray down by the clock.
Go to the Account tab in the window that pops up.
Click the Add an account button.
Enter your personal Microsoft email address and complete the sign-in prompts.
5. THUNDERBIRD
Not on task bar -
Press the Windows Key and type Thunderbird.
Right-click the app result and select Pin to taskbar.
View is not compact:
Click the Layout icon (three horizontal lines) in the top-right corner of the email client, just below the close button.Select Table View from the menu. This changes the multi-line card layout into a traditional single-line, compact list.
No Signature
Tools>Account Settings
in the signature text box in the middle of the window,
Tick "Use HTML"
Paste from onedrive>syndetic>Email Signature Block.html
Remove Threaded Display
View>Sort By>Unthreaded
Put signature below my reply
Tools>Account Settings>Composition and Addressing
🗸 Compose in HTML
🗸 Automaticallyu quote the original message when replying
when quoting, start my reply above the quote
and place my signature below my reply (avove the quote)
🗸 Include signature for replies
🗸 Include signature for forwards.
ONE DRIVE
I try Personal but as soon as I click it, I get an error
OK lets go back.
So I selected Work or school account and gettjis



No comments:
Post a Comment