Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

SMEG Dishwasher Fail - Extended Warranty - Fail

This record only started 7-6-2017
I don't recall whatever other records there are

20-MAY-2017
Dishwasher died with Error 01 which according to the internet means water in the mechanism.
Went to Good Guys at Oxley who after a brief search located the invoice and printed me a copy.
Called the extended warranty people - "Domestic and General" on 1300 765 988 & started the process

Time passes - about a week and a half as I recall.
Technician arrives, removed kick plate and looks closely.  Pulls dishwasher out, removes rear cover and inspects.  He shows me how when it is running, water is leaking out of a crack where two parts of the stainless steel inner are not sealing.  I assume the welding is faulty.  At one stage smoke came out.  Initially we could not locate where but at a later time he observed it was coming from the pump.  I assume water dripped down into the pump.

He said that he suspected we would be given a new dishwasher and therefore he could not install a pump because he would have to come back and retrieve it.  I figured the rest of the process would be very quick.  Sadly disappointed here.  A new pump and a bit of silastic would have been a reasonable interim solution.

7-6-2017
Received a phonecall from domestic and general (I think) The extended warranty insurance people.  Arron?  Wanted a copy of the original invoice.  I said it was at home and I could email it tonight.  he said he would try to get it direct from the good guys.  he said he would call me again if I needed to actually do this.

Received a phonecall from Belinda at SMEG.  service3@woodent.com.au
The parts required to fix our dishwasher are not available.
They are trying to find a solution for us.
She asked me to email a copy of the original invoice.
I said I would do that tonight. 
I also said the extended warranty people had called earlier with the same request.
Toward the end of the phonecall she advised that her supervisor had received a copy of the invoice from the extended warranty people and I no longer needed to email her.

13-6-2017 All quiet on the repair front.
I will email Belinda on service3@woodent.com.au - done.
14-6-2017 Belinda replies that she is looking into it.

16-6-2017
Decided to stir up some action.  Looked for contact details for domestic and general.
Extended Warranty is handled by "Domestc and General"
1800 765 988
concierge@thegoodguys.com.au  <- actually="" and="" br="" domestic="" general="" is="" this="">
salesau@domesticandgeneral.com
Date of Purchase: 27-04-2075
From: "The Good Guys" OXLEY
oxley@thegoodguys.com.au
Sales Order# C0600 000 871
Docket# D060 105 6418
Domestic And General Phone 03 0036 8509 <- be="" br="" cant="" right="">
On 16/06/2017 6:24 AM, Frank Thomson wrote:

Hi There ,
I think it was back in early May that I first contacted you guys to make a claim on the extended warranty on my dishwasher.

It took a couple of weeks but eventually the technician arrived and investigated.

We are now in mid June and nothing seems to have happened.

Can you advise on the status of this.

I have attached photos of the receipt and the serial number.

Date of Purchase: 27-04-2075
From: "The Good Guys" OXLEY
oxley@thegoodguys.com.au
Sales Order# C0600 000 871
Docket# D060 105 6418
Brand: Smeg
Model Number: DWA314X
Full SN: 1 149 192 41021 0246 0300

It is getting pretty tiresome.  Just make a decision.

Kindest regards,

Frank Thomson
And they kindly replied
On 16/06/2017 9:15 AM, Service3 wrote:
Good Morning Frank,

I do apologies for the delay.

I have been advised that we are unable to get the part to repair your dishwasher.

We are at present pricing a new unit and awaiting confirmation from head office and then will need authority from the extended warranty company.

I do apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. Once we have sent off the quote to the extended warranty company, they will advise us if approved or will speak to you direct.

Kind Regards,

Belinda Ensor
Service Agent


Wood Enterprises (Aust) Pty Ltd
Authorised Service Agent for Smeg
Ph: 3266 0444   Fax: 3266 7511
16-6-2017
Wrote a note on domestic and general's facebook page and they asked me to send a private message - done.
Then they replied - oops this is the UK.  Advised me to phone the aussies.
Phoned Domestic And General on 1300 756 988.  Spoke to Thanh (Pronounced Than)
He confirmed that the decision is made by Domestic And General but the work is done by SMEG.
This could take a while









1 comment:

  1. Belinda at SMEG was great - very nice and easy to deal with. :)
    SB

    ReplyDelete