Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Kids come to dinner

Going back a week the plan for this week had been to have a birthday celebration for Chris and Jemma complete with cakes:
Chris: chocolate + Berries.
Jemma: Red velvet. 

Alas Jemma got sick.  I didn't want her to feel obligated to attend and after some thought and traded messages,  decided to cancel the Birthday celebrations.  

Flowing on from that,  I decided on a simpler meal of sausages, mashed potatoes, peas and corn. 

Before cooking dinner I made sticky date pudding.

I cooked the sausages on Graham's BBQ.

Phoebe took a wheelbarrow load of wood to the front yard and I lit a fire.  We sat around the fire and ate our meal. 

I pulled out my laptop and showed some of Tim's photos of me when I was much younger.  Dan has some photos of a younger me too.




No comments:

Post a Comment