Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2026

The Odyssey Movie

Phoebe and I went and saw the movie called "The Odyssey".
$24 each at Event cinema at Indooroopilly shopping Town.

Hmm good and bad. 
A key "Good" is that is a movie that stimulates discussion.

At times I felt I was in a episode of Dr Who.

Ulysses leaves the scene to do the Trojan horse thing and leaves the wife and the Kingdom alone and of course the leaches move in. Proporting to be suiters to marry the Queen.

CYCLOPS
A giant one eyed monster with a tame flock of sheep. The sailors followed the sheep into a cave.  The Cyclops arrived and blocked the entrance with a large stone trapping the sailors & sheep with the Cyclops. The Cyclops ate a few sailors and fell asleep. Presented the sailors with a dilemma. If they kill him,  they will be trapped forever because they would not be able to move the rock. 

THE SIRENS
I didn't think this was done very well. The sirens represent temptation but the movie didn't let us hear or see the anything. I'm not sure how I'd script it but I would think a temptation is a very topical topic.







No comments:

Post a Comment