Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

GPS tracking

I have a TK-102 GPS tracking device on loan from a friend and I have a TK102-2 on order via Ebay.

GPS tracking devices consist of a GPS receiver and a mobile phone module all in the one little box with a battery. In my case I have set the TK102 to send the GPS data every 5 minutes.

The challenge is to display the track in real time on a map. Easy. I would have thought so but does not seem to be.

GPSGATE Buddy tracker
Free and has a nice web page but you have to log in to view it.

INSTAMAPPER
http://www.instamapper.com/faq_li.html
Only works with gps enabled phones. The FAQ specificallys says nope
I already have a dedicated tracking device. Will it work with InstaMapper?
InstaMapper only works with supported cell phones. Dedicated GPS tracking devies (such as Zoombak) will not work.

GPS-LIVETRACK
gps-livetrack.com
Very slooooow
Could not get it to work

No comments:

Post a Comment