Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Plotting 3D Surfaces

0 Open Office Calc does not do 3D plots.
1 Excel does not do 3D plots
2 This bloke http://www.doka.ch/Excel3Dscatterplot.htm has an Excel Macro that produces 3D charts.

 Very cool but hard to visualise what the data means.

What would be handy would be to be able to put a 3D surface over the points.  Like a 3D "trend line".  I imagine it like throwing a sheet or blanket over the data points.

I wonder if this is available for free.
It may well but it would seem a physics degree is required and a government grant would be handy to provide time to investigate and understand.





This is along the lines of what I am looking for.
http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/car/c_e.html
This is done with mathcad.
Student edition is 100euro (We could send some paper napkins) and the professional version is about 1400euro I think.



 Can do the following with D-Plot (which I own).  Not sure if it helps me visualise the data though.



No comments:

Post a Comment