Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Row row row your boat

I (Frank) did the third Head Of The Yarra time trial on Saturday.  That's me in the white "I love Berlin" Tee shirt at position 7.  Cripes this is a hard race.  8.6km from just above Oxley ck to the university of queensland boat ramp.  Over the three races we improved our time from last place to not quite last place.
Our time improved from 51 minutes to 42 minutes.

18 Grammarians Male D R Rowles 51:22.0 49:36.0 42:51.0

The day was
3:45am rise and shine
4:30 on the water
6:00 at the start.  Memorable as the boys had a pee stop.  Our cox - 19 yo (F) El put her head down shook it and groaned "tell me when it's over".  And it was not confined to our boat as another boat there was a fellow kneeling and peeing over the side.  The things we do.
6:0? And they are off and racing....
        exhausion sets in.  The legs are tired, the back sore, the lungs screaming....
6:40ish the photo was taken
6:42 ish we cross the finish line at UQ
rest and row back to the shed.
Wash the boat and then the most impostant activity.
Debrief (and coffee) at Albertos coffee shop.

The older we get the better we were.
:)

From 10am till 12:30 ish, I went and sat in a Tinne with the BGS kids.
By the time I got home I was stuffed.  






No comments:

Post a Comment