Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Compare Prepaid Mobile Phone Charges

Vodafone have closed down Crazy Johns.  It is still possible to recharge existing sim cards but one can't buy new ones.

I figured I would see what prepaid plans are out there and try to compare them in some systematic way.

I am sure the providers do their best to make it as hard as possible to make these comparisons.  So I had to simplify things a bit.




For each option I record the following
  The actual australian dollar cost of the recharge
  The included dollar value for calls to land lines and other companies mobiles.
  The number of included voice minutes
  The number of included text messages.
  The flag fall cost
  The cost per minute (if they sell in 30 sec blocks I just convert to minutes)
  The cost per text message.

I ignore any free or discounted calls to mobiles on the same company.
I ignore the discount to night time calls.
I ignore the data side of it all together.
And I created a google spread sheet.  You can change it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoydfm9DZtASdEdLdjYtNUlNZS0zYjNGc0VpaFJLUlE&usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment