Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SD Card Formatting problem

A very disappointing issue arose on ANZAC day.  I gave Marcus our sports camera (Fake GoPro) and he attached it to the BGS banner.  Problem was the 32GB SD card filled up very quickly.

Upon inspection I find that it is now reporting its capacity as 1.7GB.  It's name is  EVERIO_SD and it is formatted as FAT.  Hmm I suspect I formatted it in a borrowed JVC Everio camcorder.

1  Try to use windows to format it.
 I have put it into a windows PC and set it off to format it as NTFS.
Fail -> Still reports 1.72GB

2. Tried Windows PC to reformat as FAT32
Fail - still reports 1.72GB

3. try
 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
this works.  The result is 29.4GB of FAT32,

Used Win7 to reformat fast as NTFS.
Installed in our sports camera (Fake GoPro) and it anounced "card error".  After a short pause all came good.  I recorded half a minute of video.  Had a look on the PC.  It played back and when I looked at the disk properties, it stated FAT32.







No comments:

Post a Comment