Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blue River Challenge

4:00am Frank, Megan and Chris rise but perhaps shine is yet to come.  We collected our gear and drove into the BGS shed at West End.  Megan had signed up along with Cybele, Edwina and Lee, Felicity, Susan to do the BGS corporate rowing - The blue river challenge.

Chris and I were there just to help out.  Holding boats and the like.  In the end one of the crews were short a member so Chris stepped in.  The photo below shows Chris in the stroke position.  He is second from the left.  Light blue tee shirt.  I (Frank) ended up coxing megans crew.  No photo I am afraid.  Although just prior to departure someone had kindly bought me a take away coffee so I enjoyed the fun of sitting sideways in a too small coxes seat and sipping a latte while steering and assisting the crew to row.  The coach who had a motor boat had responsibility for most things.  I just had responsibility for not spilling my coffee and not running aground.






No comments:

Post a Comment