Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Soccer linesman


I was nominated to do the linesmans role at Dan's soccer game today.
Hmm I thought and sought advice.
Luckily I was assigned to the far side of the field.  This would give me a 50m start to out run the pack of angry parents who I anticipated would take umbridge at my decisions.

The game began and thankfully most of the action occurred on the diagonally opposite side of the field.  I observed the other linesman expertly and smartly raise his flag as the ball went out or something.

Then before I knew it some kid was dribbling (soccer term here) down the line right in front of me. Hmm did that ball go all the way over the line or just a bit.   Ah raise flag err which way.  The oppisite to rugby left right. Blue team red team who's going which way.  Ah don't worry the kids worked it out and the game was back on.

By the end of the game I had managed to flag a few blatent off sides most committed by our side and even raise my flag the correct way for a few outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment