Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Backup Copy Files Without Destination Duplicates

I have tons of old backups on DVDs, CDs, Old Hard drives, USB sticks.  I want to copy them to a single big hard drive (and then of course make a copy of that to another drive just in case).

What I would like is for a copy program that would
a) be automatically initiated when a new drive  or disk is detected.
b) Looks at file name, attributes and content  and only copies if there is not already such a file on the destination drive.
c) Alerts me when done.  (I imagine this will be quite slow)

Auslogic's Duplicate File Finder(Available on Ninite I think)



FreeFileSync - Nope

is a free Open Source software that helps you synchronize files and synchronize folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is designed to save your time setting up and running backup jobs while having nice visual feedback along the way.

Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment