Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Jemma & Frank - Ski Trip - The trip down

Frank & Jemma having the father - daughter adventure.
Saturday Fly BNE-CBR
Henry met us at Canberra airport.  We are staying at his house.
James & son Andrew and daughter Charlotte joined us late Saturday.
Sunday
In 2 cars, drove to Jindabine via Cooma.
FT hired Apre boots $14 in Cooma.  Bought a short extension lead and 6 way power board because I figured everyone will want to charge their dodads and I bed there will only be one power point.
Continued up to perisher.  reassuring Henry that because we are 4WD we don't actually need to fit our chains.  (in compliance with the illuminated signs).

Jemma got fitted for a snow board and initially I hired skis. Then I discovered that there were no group lessons available for Jemma.  I booked afternoon private lessons $150.  I then changed to Snow Boarding so I could amortise the lesson cost.  You can have up to 6 people in a private lesson.


We flew Virgin.  I had bought zoo class tickets and bid on an upgrade to business class and got it.  The astute lady at the check in told us that the tickets gave us entry to the club lounge.  So we figured we had better enjoy breakfast.  Jemma included a hot chocolate in that













Charlie, Melissa and kids had been staying with Henry.  We met up with them for pizza etc.




The ski part of the holiday was James, Andrew, Charlotte, Henry, myself & Jemma.  This snippet of the family tree shows the relationships.










































































No comments:

Post a Comment