Search This Blog

Monday, March 6, 2017

Airline ticketing subterfuge

Been booking tickets for the Palm Island trip and it seems the airlines are doing their best to confuse me.


WebJet

First we type in some dates and we get a nice summary

Note $138 tickets.
I selected those
And I'd selected $154 tickets for the return journey







After selecting flights I got this




Something did not add up


FRI$138x4=$552
THUR$154x4=$616
Total=$1168
And $1168 is not $1202.90

Where did that come from I wondered.
See that little line of text that says "Show Details".
This expands to this:




















And we see two fees added.  Oh all right.  Lets make the booking.










A bit cheeky in my view.  Given that hidden away is $12.95 booking price guarantee and $21.95 Web jet service fee.

Jetstar

Now we might consider going direct to the Jetstar web site.
I think it was clear that the seat price did not include luggage but it was not clear what the luggage price was.



Not


























So in summary $1296 for jetstar directly and $1202 for web jet.






No comments:

Post a Comment