Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Henry's 50th Birthday Party

Flew down to Canberra to chase some business and to celebrate  Henry's 50th 

Saturday 18-AUG-2018   BNE->CBR Virgin VA1220
DEP BNE 3:00PM ARR CBR 4:50PM

Wednesday 22-AUG-2018  CBR->BNE Virgin VA1217
DEP CBR 11:55AM  ARR BNR 1:35PM

I think I paid $415 return I then bid $120 for an upgrade to business class on the return trip and blow me over i got it.  The normal business fare is $800 one way.

Saturday night we went to Andrew's place.
Sunday and Monday we did a little maintenance.
Tuesday we walked to the War Memorial
Tuesday evening we had a wonderful dinner
Wednesday morning James and I cooked breakfast.


Blow me over - Andrew had a erg in the wine cellar.  The things we do to get a good glass of red.

As usual we end up working for free.

I tried to do a selfie to give an idea of height and ladders but this was the best I could manage.

Tuesday morning Clare got us all enthused to walk to the war memorial.  When we got there we had morning tea.  I had a very smooth coffee.



Dinner out - very very tasty.  We did the wine matching to meal thing.



Which spoon to use - luckily the question answered because the big one did not fit in.


















The birthday boy himself

After the restaurant we went home and had a cake that Clare and Henry had made.






Wednesday morning James cooked bacon and eggs.  I helped a little turning the bacon and James worked with Henry on the eggs.
















No comments:

Post a Comment