Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Rockhampton 2018 Planning

ACTUAL
4:30 am Depart Oxley
4:50 am Pick up Asha
        Coffee at Maccas at Windsor
6:50 Breakfast at some little cafe on the North side of Gympie.
         "Whats cooking cafe Gympie.
7:35 Depart Gympie
8:30 Arr Maryborough Puma.  Pick up Zavier.
11:00am Fuel and Toilets at Miriamvale 
1:30 Dropped Zavier
1:40 Arr Rowing Course.







Travel
I would like to arrive 1pm ready for unloading at 2pm

Google tells me Oxley - Rockhampton Rowing is 7hrs 30min

Add an hr for meal stops -> 8.5rs

In 2015 my notes tell me we left at 3:45am and arrived at the Rowing at 1:30pm.  Must have had a few stops along the way because Google tells me there is only 7 & 1/2 hrs of driving.
THE PLAN
4:00am Depart Oxley
4:30am Pick Up Asha
6:00am Meet Zavier Somewhere near Gympie TBD (Jemma's cousin - giving him a lift)
             Have some breakfast.
             A couple of short breaks as we drive
              Lunch on the road
1:00pm  Arr Rockhampton Rowing Club
2:00pm  Boat Unload

Accomodation
Staying at The Ambassador Motel with Gary & Jessie.
Asha staying with a friend.
Caitlin staying with her mum

RETURN
Is Monday night.  Depends on who gets into what finals.
We will probably be in convoy with Gary Cowan.
If I get tired, I will find a roadside motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment