Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Commercial Quizz Night

Nothing like a good ole Quizz night to raise funds and meet people.

Grammarians provided 2 1/2 tables.

Each table team had to choose a Olympic theme. Our table had chosen Skate Boarding. These fancy dress theme things are somewhat stressful. A few days before I was having coffee with my friend Derek and we discussed this problem besetting me. Derek suggested going as an injured skateboarder. A most excellent suggestion that went over well.

Phoebe got on board and provided an ancient home made board that some kid had made from an old pair of roller skates. 

On Saturday afternoon before the quiz night, I went down to Mt Ommaney and bought supplies. 
Over size band aids. 
Stick to its self gauze bandage roll. 
Bright red lipstick (blood)
Not owning any skater boy clothes, I used
Yellow tee shirt, orange boardies and air Jordan's. A backwards fluro orange rowing cap that matched the shorts completed the ensemble. I wanted short sleeves so the bandages were visible. Took a jumper as it was a cold night.

My table was a grammarian - commercial table:
Kylie & JB. 
Graham & Mel
Frank & Phoebe 

No comments:

Post a Comment