Search This Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas eve 2010

Christmas 2010 started at 4:00 on Christmas eve.  When in a rash of enthusiasm, I left work, picked up Megan and headed to DFO to buy her Christmas present.  We quickly establish we have 20 minutes to closing time and so several dresses are tried on.  Unfortunately anything I liked she did'nt and vis versa.  The clock ticked over and the doors closed and we were without Christmas present.

Hmm.  What to do.  On to Mt Omanus.
There some more feverish dress trying but again no success.
Nipped into a jewler and bought a braelet.  Luckilly the 50% off post christmas sale signs were being put up.

Now somewhat more relaxed we proceeded to K-Mart where even more dresses were tried on and this eventually resulted in the purchase of a couple.

Back toward work.  Met Paul at Noodle box and had dinner.  Then we both went back to work and finished packing IUT.  8:30pm drove toward the airport in heavy rain.  As I approached the terminal on the last over pass the traffic ground to a halt.  Reasonably relaxed here as it was 9pm and the freight depot closes at 10pm.  If the worst comes to the worst, I can lug the 27kg cardboard box through the driving rain the final 2km.  Luckilly the traffic was moving at slightly more than walking speed and eventually I was able to establish that the far left lane took me to "General Aviation"  So leaving the queuing cars behind I went to the AAE freight terminal.  There I queued with others but soon discovered that everyone else was queuing to pick up animals.  Finally at 9:50 I was out of there and on my way home.

Arrived home and was put to work wrapping presents.

1 comment:

  1. Last minute Christmas shopping must be a family trait. James was at the shops Christmas Eve too. I am very glad Megan got a present in the end.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete