Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oxley SS Carols

Last night was the Oxley sate school Carols.

No photos becase I forgot my camera.

The carols were held in the courtyard Quadrangle (I wonder what they call it these days).  Each class sand a christmas carol and spaced throughout the night were community sung carols where the school band played. 

I did sound.  Used the Sherwood Community Festival PA augmented with some mics and a fold back system that Derek loaned me.  Except for a minor hitch or two related to CD replay it all went well.  I glad that the political correctness did not prevent us singing some Christian carols.  I would much prefer that we have the Christian carols and if appropriate, we could have buddhist or Muslim or whatever songs at an appropriate occasion rather than going to some bland one size fits none approach.

Ideas for next year. 
Put a bar above the choir and put mics on it so as to stop the visual clutter
Move the speakers and lights a little closer to the choir.

Foldback video was great.
Need to rip all the CDs.  Use Screen monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment