Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Go Card oops

Sometime back I had to resort to buying a Go Card.  Then for our little trip to the city (see below) with the kids, we used our go cards and oops on the way home forgot to touch off.  So we were charged the default fee.

Adult (me) City to Oxley normally $3.68 charged $5.00

Kids Normally $1.84 charged $2.50

So I figure lets see if we can get a refund.  To do this I had to register the card.  Done OK pretty easy at translink.com.au.

Now I look at my card and I see right from the first use, I have gotten it wrong.  Seems I touched on and off within a few seconds.  So my very first trip to Central cost $5.00 instead of $3.68.  Short changed by $1.32
.
Then we have two successful trips.  Then the problem trip on Friday.

So we will request a refund.  Mind you it does seem so inefficient. Who would create a system that is so easy to cock up.  But I suspect that this system is here to stay.  Given that it is the same system as is used in Hong Kong and London.  But wouldn't it be so much easier if we just used our mobile phones or heaven forbid a paper ticket.

2 comments:

  1. i hate go card! did you get a refund?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if I got a refund. I applied but its just not worth the trouble to look.Next time I need to check and top up I will look.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete