Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

RACQ Vito and a Kangaroo

Last Tuesday (Week ago) hit a Kangaroo on the way home from touch footie.  By the time we turned round, it had hopped away.

Phoned RACQ who advised the excess is $500.

How much could it be I wonder.  The head light and indicator bulbs no longer work and the plastic bumper bar is out of alignment with the plastic mud guard.

So off I go to ask a repair yard. Ha says the fellow.  It will be way over.  The headlight alone will be $500.  OK so I get the quote and off I go to the RACQ inspection and assesment centre.  Not being an regular at this I just rocked on up to the assesment centre.  Not a soul in sight.  So I picked up the phone in reception and was eventually advised by a friendly lady that I had to lodge a claim and make a booking.  She even offerred that I use a phone in the waiting lounge.  I figured that maybe I could do that and get the booking immediatly whereapon she advised that there were booked solid for 2 to 3 weeks.

This is a picture of that booked solid assesment centre.  You can see the teeming activity.

So I went back to the office to make that call.

Call RACQ claims on 137 202.  Interestingly can't dial by voip. 
Spoke to 'Steph'
Megan needs to call to authorise claim.
Can't get assessed until 11am on 2-June-2011.
But can go for their "Metro Express" service which interestingly originates at the same over stretched assessment centre whereby they get their chosen repairer to do it.  And that can all start next week.
And we can get a rental car.
I guess one just has to go with the flow.

Rebecca
20minutes.  car goes straight to repairer.  collect from repairer.
mon wed AM  remove personal items
wed 25 th 7:50am
taxi voucher.  pick up from office.
hertz at rocklea.$40 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment