Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

A good return at Super Cheap Auto

So often when one has a problem with some product, one steels oneself for a battle with the supplier. (Phone companies of course take this to a whole other level).

Back before Christmas I had bought new windscreen wiper blades from Supercheap Auto at Oxley. These were sexy blue ones made of silicone. They matched the blue paint of the Ute and I figured Silicone would last longer. After all the black rubber ones seem to perish with monotonous regularity. Problem was unless it was really raining hard, one of the blades would shudder on the return sweep.

So finally I decided to get some new ones. I rocked on up and at the counter asked if I could speak to someone and get some advice. I explained the problem to the fellow who came outside and had a look. He declared that the metal bit that held the rubber bit was worn out. OK I was cool with that. The really amazing bit was that he insisted on refunding me the cost of the silicone blades. Even though I said repeatedly that I was not expecting a refund as it was like 3 months ago that I had bought them and I did not have the receipt. Still he insisted and who was I to argue on that point. The change over cost under $20 for the two new mechanisms and he fitted them.

This actually is the third good experience I have had returning stuff to Super cheap. On one occasion I had bought a hand pump to drive the water rocket and I took it back even though it had been used for water, it had fallen apart. I just took it to show them with the intention of buying a more expensive one and on that occasion too they refunded the original price.

So I guess I am doing what they may hope and that is saying good things about them. So both readers of my blog now can have a feel good feeling about Super Cheap Auto.

No comments:

Post a Comment