Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Overturning tables in Church

Today's Bible reading was preceeded by a request for people to take their places.  Hurried whispers involving Marcus and Megan resulted in Marcus being dispatched out the back and me wondering what he had done wrong.

The minister stepped forward to microphone and looked at me and mentioned my name.  There appeared to be an expectation that I should do likewise.  More hurried discussion with Megan established that this was to be a dramatised reading.  I deferred to Marcus and remained in my seat.

The reading John 2:13-22 began and as we had all heard the description of money changes. And templea before I was in the process of putting myself into that trance like state imwhich one is fast asleep with eyes open.  Suddenly the minister rushed forward and thew over a previously un noticed folding table sitting prominantly in the middle of the dais.  Wooh no chance of sleeping now.  Whatever possessed our somewhat older  female minister to behave in such a disreputable teenage fashion.

I am now listening to a sermon ondiacipleship and upsetting the status quo.  It would appear that there is a reason beyond sugar for avoiding chocolate and that apparantly is child labour somewhere in the production process.  But salvation is at hand through fair trade chocolate.

(I will ask Megan if there is a no sugar fair trade chocolate that is approved for consumption by the Thomson family)


No comments:

Post a Comment