Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween


Things were a little fishy at dinner.

I got suspicious



 Turns out it's Halloween.  That quaint American custom where groups of parents spend inordinate amount of money on costumes and kids pester neighbours for lollies.
 I (Frank) was delegated the role of watch man.  I wandered the streets while my 4 or was it 5 urchins knocked on doors.
 I have decided though that Halloween is a good thing.  We got to meet neighbours we never knew.  And the kids got sugar based rewards.
I was disappointed that no one threw a bucket of water over them while yelling trick ha ha ah ha yeow.

Actually I am not sure I even know the rules.  Kids knock on door and announce "Trick or Treat" to which the home owner responds "O'h you all look so cute" Then they give kids lollies and kids wander away with a distorted view of their own cuteness.

What I want to know has to do with the trick option.  Do the kids throw rocks on the recalcitrant home owners home or does the home owner throw a bucket of water over the kids or offer them celery and cottage cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment