Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Highland Ball

The geriatric party night of the year!

Preparation starts well in advance for the girls anyway.  I did try on my shirt in the morning and established that the collar was a bit tight.  Drove off in search of a replacement.  Dreading the idea of going to Indooroopilly shopping town, I decided to try DFO at Jindalee.  Closer and easier parking.

I entered the building with great trepidation.  No wife or even woman to advise on selection of a shirt.  As luck would have it, the first shop I entered had suitable looking shirts and a range of sizes and a bloke with a tape measure who wrapped it round my neck and announced I was 42.  Knowing my existing too small shirt was 42, I upsized to 43.





Pre party preparation preening.  Megan tinkers with Leigh's hair.

My vice was to drop into the Hilton with David Semple and have a coffee to keep me awake past midnight.
Our group had two tables.

I am hopeful I can get some photos from someone else as my camera is pretty ordinary
I didn't take my glasses but luckily I have a 'business' card magnifying glass in my wallet.  Sean appeared to need to too to read the menu.




The highland ball finished at midnight.  I was hoping we would all go as a group down to the Valley to check out the night clubs.  Never my scene but we did it a couple of years ago and it was interesting.  No traction.  So all the pumpkins were loaded into the Vito and  Fil drove up home.  He dropped us at Calston Street and continued to the Konings where I believe he stayed the night and where I believe the Vito currently is.  I think I will ride my bike over and pick it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment