Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

flood tourists

The Warwick VS family who kindly attended my party and the after party have graduated to the status of refugee.  The excuse provided is that they are staying until my actual birthday.

James, Kay and family left for Syndney from their hotel at South Brisbane sometime after dawn this morning.  We received an update from them that they had been turned back due to flooding.  Having given up on the New England, they tried the coast road.  Latest text message had them passing through Newcastle.

We have no power and Logan avenue has water over it.  The boffins have predicted that our house will be well (3.2m) below the flood peak.  This is confirmed by my friend Bob who has provided me with analysis and predictions.

Derek has sofetned the refugee experience by lending me a generator.  This seemed to come on condition that I do not make a death lead so we have extension leads everywhere.  Earlier this year I had bought Chris a 4' fluro and so he and I put a plug on it and plugged it in.  I had another old one in storage in the carport.  Chris and Morgan wandered down to Logan ave with a pair of side cutters.  They came back with a power lead from an abandoned fridge.




















No comments:

Post a Comment