Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Rowing HOTY TT3 and a bit of Maintenance

SAT
3:45AM Rise and Shine
4:30AM  A
4:45AM (in theory) on the water.  Rowed up stream.  Against the tide & current to the start line near where Oxley creek enters.  The race was due to start at 6:00AM and it did.  Without us.  We started on our own.  Note to self.  Next time allocate 1.5hrs to row up.
6:15AM ish started the time trial.  This is 9.6km down stream.


6:45am ish finished.  So much easier when you are going down hill.  Over an hr on the way up and just over half an hour on the way down.

Then back to the shed.
Bacon, Eggs and the obligatory coffee at the West End Markets.
Back into the shed for some maintenenace.

I know it looks like I am sitting down but Angus (to my left) and I were discussing moving the bracket that mounts the "Stroke Coach".  This is the speedo.  It is connected to wires that run down to the front of the boat to a little propeller.  The faster we row the faster the propeller spins and the better numbers we see on the display.

Personally I think when we are not measuring speed we should connect a battery to the wires and see if we can get a little extra push from the propeller.  A propeller in my view should propel.








10:00AM Helped out with the BGS rowing.  I coached the coach of the gazillionth grade 7 quad.  They were short a cox so their coach, coxed and I figured I could drive around in the speed boat and make hopefully helpful comments from time to time.


This photo is not of me but some over enthusiastic fellow managed to park his speed boat on the Corro drive bike way on Friday.


































No comments:

Post a Comment