Search This Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2015

HOTY 2015

We were boat 165
Thursday
Did the internet check in thing and in the process changed my return flight from Tuesday to Monday.  In the process I had to use the chat thing because it seems Qantas group all flights under the one booking number and once I had a boarding pass for one flight it locks out changes on other flights.  The end result of this was some concern regarding my boarding pass for the outbound flight.  I decided therefore to get to the airport a bit early just in case.
Adrian gave me a lift to Yeronga station.  Local train to Park Rd and then change to the airtrain to the airport.  
The printed boarding pass worked for my baggage check in and so all was good. While doing the baggage thing a familia voice called out and there was Steve Cleasby and his wife C??? checking in their bags.

The three of proceeded through security and onto purchase coffee etc.  Rob Pullar joined us in the departure lounge.
4:40 boarding and what do you know, my boarding pass was now invalid.  The customer service desk managed to work out the issue and provide a new one.  Seems the system had moved me to a new seat.
5:00 Fly out.
In Mel
Baggage collection took ages.  Then we lined up to catch a taxi but turned out we were in the queue for the bus.  Moved to the correct queue.

Rob and I were staying at the Stamford.  Steve was somewhere nearby. 
Neil and I were twin sharing a room but Neil did not arrive till Friday.

Friday
Bit of a leisurely start.  Walked to one of Melcournes laneway cafes for brakfast.  Bought a Myki card from 7-11.
Most of us then met up and took a tram to Hawthor 


Saturday - The day of the big race

With Johnny Commino in the coxes seat the pre-start wait was very non stressful.  There was no current or tide to speak of.  His skills as a great cox showed as he got us focused with various exercises - Hands away, roll-ups and so on.  

Then we were off.  John kept up the words of encouragement and Jeff our stoke set a good stable rate.  With everyone focused, the boat sat up and that was to me a huge relief.  That meant we  

Sunday




No comments:

Post a Comment