Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Adding pictures to Blog from google photos

The problem I have is adding pictures from google photos
When I take photos on my Anroid phone and then open the photos app on the phone, the photos are automatically uploaded to google and appear at
photos.google.com        all OK so far.

When I compose a blog with blogger I should be able to insert a picture from google photos.

Method 1 - Does not work
Within  blogger choose "From Google Album Archive" - The photo does not appear.  It seems to be a bit random what photos appear here.

Hang on ? Update - 15 minutes or so later and the dog picture is now visible here.

 Method 2 - Does not work
Using a URL from photos.google.com and pasting that into the blogger option "from a URL" even though if I post that URL directly into the browser, it does bring up the photo



photos.google.com
Accessed from web browser.






From inside blogger (on desktop browser).
Choose Add Image and this screen comes up.  Note it offers a couple of tiles with one or two pictures from 2019.



This is from
photos.google.com
Choose the create link option






It actually does not matter whether I use the link created above
https://photos.app.goo.gl/n4dJ6zqebkX2fvKD7
OR the URL
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMGBAMtk594a5tyth4GytNqc61pL4513v-2wqC5
Either type of link creates this error.

--------------------------------------------------

Interestingly when I open the bit where I select google applications I see all sorts of interesting programs like "Keep" Classroom, Jamboard and collections.  I note google+ which I think is being discontinued.  I cant help thinking that google create and kill off so quickly.  Because they create quick there are rough edges.  Shortcomings.  Half baked.  If they spent a little more time refining they might find more people using.















No comments:

Post a Comment