Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Lucy Arrives 2am

A fun Lucy adventure

It's 2am and I'm awake. Not unusual because I'm a poor sleeper. The cat is sitting up on my bed. I am listening and I can hear the light rain and trees rustling and feel the coolness blowing in the window.

 I can hear a tinkle sound and noise at the back door. I'm wondering if I've got a possum or animal trying to get in and because I'm half asleep at 2am I'm thinking maybe a burglar.

 Guess who I find at the back door? I open it and there's Lucy.

Wet and skittish. She's come all the way from Megan's house at Sherwood. She runs in and out and in again and up and down the back stairs. As she pauses briefly I pat her and feel she's wet.

I gather towels and dry her and make her a bed. Now she's sleeping soundly



No comments:

Post a Comment