Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Covid19

Social isolation. I should be used to it. Lonlineness like a heartbeat dives you.

I wonder if after life stabilises, people will look back and say "I stared death in the face... And bought toilet paper"

Here in Oz, the land of rules and signs, we are normally so safe. Every activity so governed by the powers that be. Now we are disempowered by something we can't see. 

Social isolation we are told is the go. 

I'm sure that will help flatten the curve. 

The church, at least the uniting church (& I think most) have descended into mediocrity. Cancelling all services. Fear.
Mind you they could have held services out doors. In the car park or a local park. Have the interpersonal distance to minimise virus spread and have social interaction. Jut just a sweeping cancellation. 

Makes one think. 
I'm not afraid of death but I am afraid of dying. Esp if it's not quite death.

It makes one think.
Perspective. 
I'm like the Ute. Once maybe useful. Now old. Not so strong. Rusty. The new models will have different technologies.

Apart from living in the nanny state, 

It feels like there's no forgiveness. 
You know today we are so fixated on identity, data, history. Every slip up haunts you forever. For those who fall foul of the law, their record stays. For those who get in the media, it's there at the end of a google search. No longer can someone hop on a ship, change their name along the way and start again in a new place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment