Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2021

New phone setup

 Thursday sat on the old Samsung A71.  Put a bit of a curve in it but it still worked.  Unbeknownst to me a secret fault lurking in the circuitry.  It could not longer charge.

As I got into bed I plugged in the charger - nothing.  Hauled myself out of bed and retrieved a separate charger and lead.  Nope.  No combination worked. Then in a final gasp it passed on.  Now i had a problem.  The only other clock in the house was the microwave and I needed to get up at 3:50 in order to go rowing and we all know one must not be late.  I fell asleep and woke wondering the time.  Into the kitchen and it's 1:33am.  Back to be via the loo of course.  Can't sleep out of concern I will sleep late.  Gave up.  Got up.  researched phones.  Decided on a Samsung A72.  No local stores but Harvey Norman Bundamba had one.

Left about an hour early for rowing.  Figured if I was asleep in the car park, someone would wake me.  

A great row.  3 seat in an 8.  On the way back we rowed against a 4.  neither wanted to be beaten.  The best bit for me was that everyone focused and rowed hard.  The combination meant the boat sat up.  The timing was good and we got in some great exercise. 

A coffee and into work.  I was not sure on my first meeting which once I could boot my computer was at 10.  Bundamba Harvey Norman opened at 9.  It was about 8  so I purchased the phone on line with click and collect at Bundamba.  Printed the receipt and then realised - "How do I navigate".  As luck would have it, one of my staff had a referdex.  On my way and everything went smoothly.


Reloaded Apps

inkpad

playbooks

play store

facebook

messenger - stop alerts

outlook

gmail

bluemail

every day rewards (woolies)

Yahoo

Netflix

WHatsapp

Bumble and POF - yep dating - It's Fu*kin lonely on my own.

ebay 

teams

Neuron 

Settings>notifications>do not disturb 10pm-4am

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment