Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2022

International Womens Day Beakfast

The day started with a 4am alarm.  Removed the water blaster from the back of my car and put in my bike.  Remembering the light and helmet. 
4:30 Drove into work and put the small PA into the car. 
5:00 Drove the short distance to Sommervill's shed.  Hid the PA behind the hedge on the path to the front door. 
5:30 Got my bike out of the car and rode to Toowong over the Eleanor Schonell Bridge.
5:40 Arrived Toowong


Today Brigidine met at Toowong Rowing Club at 6.  While Nicky had half the group on ergs I took 9 for a run to the great court.  This was a greeted a bit less enthusiastically than I hoped.  We ran round the great court and walked / jogged home.  More walking than jogging.  The groups switched over.  I took the second group onto the ova and we played touch.  Most of the girls had not played touch before so it was a learning experience for them.

At 7:30 I hopped on my bike and rode back to Sommerville.  Luckily someone had set the PA up.  I bought a coffee and a good contingent of girls showed up.

 The river is closed because of the flood.  I assume the govt has closed it for health reasons and the rowers would probably not row anyway because of all the junk.  So no rowing at this years breakfast.  

As a parent,  one of the things I love about Brigidine is the big world view. It was so good to see the Brigidine girls at the international women's day breakfast.  The guest speakers encouraging women to do stuff.  Coaching, driving trailers, stepping up to be club presidents and so on.

Tickets were $15 and included a raffle ticket.  Jemma won a pair of racing shoes.











No comments:

Post a Comment