Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2022

TV or Projector for work

 The video projector at work blew up.  Literally. The bulb (I assume) when bang and what a bang it was.  Exploded.
4k is  3,840 x 2,160 pixels
I think UHD means 4k.  Kind of a consumerisation. 
UHD technically is 3,840 x 2,160 pixels while 4k is 4,096 by 2,160 but it seems the consumer UHD products are marketed as 4k

QLED is just a LCD with some enhancement.  It's not OLED.
OLED is an invividual LED per pixel
ULED is ??? Still has a back light

Samsung Crystal UHD - its a processor chip rather than a display technology.




HarveyJB HIFIAppliance on LineReviews
55" A7HAU
$795
$795
$899

55A7G from Home

$799?
$899I think I paid $700ish at JB
75A7G

Not Available

65" A7HAU
$995
$995
$1199

65" U7HAU UHD ULED$1295$1295


65" U9G UHD Mini-LED ULED$1395 .

75" A7HAU UHD LED LCD $1495$1495     

Some negative reviews
75" U7HAU QLED Full Array $2295
$1795    

Mostly positive reviews
75" U9G MiniLED ULED $1995
   


Delivery
$59


Tilt Maounting Bracket
$99


9-11-2022 UPDATE - INSTALLATION

I figured I would engage in a bit of practical work (read displacement activity) and hang it on the wall myself.  

It's a metal frame gyproc wall and I wanted the bracket to be supported across 3 studs. Couldn't buy a long enough one so I bought two and joined them together. 

Interestingly the bracket I'd bought with it from JB HIFI, whilst labelled "tilt" was not tiltable in that you'd expect to be able to tilt after installation.  Went and had a look and bought the bunnings bracket.  You know how you look up and down the idle and subtly dismantle the package in store.   It is a neat piece of design and most importantly allows you to adjust angle after the TV is hung on the wall.





MICROSOFT 4k WIRELESS ADAPTER ISSUE


https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-display-adapter/58d7c391-793e-490d-a83e-a2805a9b3e7e

Not the right sub forum but I could not find a way to post in the correct forum.

Wireless Display Adapter

Question
0 Views | Last updated November 8, 2022

I have a Microsoft Wireless Display adapter
Firmware version: 3.9520.47
Plugged into a 4K Hisense TV HDMI port.

When I switch the TV to that HDMI port it says the connection is 3840x2160P as expected.
It also says 8bit BT2020 16:9 YUV444HDR10

BUT some detail is missing. Most noticeable is if I bring up a Excel spreadsheet, the little thin grey lines between the cells are not displayed.

Other greys are missing too.

If I connect from my laptop to the TV by an HDMI cable the picture is perfect - The thin lines are present and the light grey areas are light grey not white.

I have tried a second 4k TV and the problem is there too and have also tried several laptops some win 10 and some win 11

I have tried duplicated displays and expended display.

It seems pretty conclusive that it is the adapter.

It feels like some kind of auto scaling issue that is dropping some information.

Any suggestions as to why the problem is happening and how to fix it.

===========================

Below are some pictures. The top two pictures show the difference between using a cable and the wireless adapter.

An interesting update. While I was taking these photos, I was connected to the TV using the Microsoft wireless adapter and I brought up the display settings window and suddenly observed that just to the left of that window, the thin excel lines are visible.

It seems to me that the problem is that the Microsoft adapter is misinterpreting the brightness information. It's akin to washing out.
















No comments:

Post a Comment