Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2022

types of people

Yesterday I shared a video that said:
"Never forget three types of people in your life"
Those who helped you in your difficult times
Those who left you in your difficult times
Those who put you in your difficult times"

I watched it again and thought the message does not sound right. (Not just the grammar)

I agree with the first one but the second two I think are best forgotten. 

It's far too easy to ruminate over the negative and get sucked into a rabbit hole of self pity. In my opinion, thinking that way sounds very much like blaming others.  Popular these days but it blinds you from considering what you yourself may have done that contributed to your situation. 

I would suggest a better message would be:

Never forget:
1 Those who helped you in your time of need. 
2 Those who are in your life with you now. 
3 Those who need your help 
 
====================//==============
 
Interesting Book: Patrick Lencoini "The 6 types or working Genius"

No comments:

Post a Comment