Search This Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Centenary Rowing Jazz

Friday night and the BCC put on jazz in the park at Centenary Rowing Club. I was amazed at the size of the crowd. There were cars parked way back along Sumners Rd. Met Graham Thomas and Melissa Lochran and hobnobbed with the chosen on the verandah of the rowing club. Met Paul, Cybele and Sam on the grass. Ate a lovely Spicy German sausage with Phoebe and shared a glass of red. Speaking of the grass, I'm assuming that as part of the organising, our local member Cr Sarah Hutton  organised someone to come along with a giant vacuum and remove the kangaroo poo that had been in abundance last week when I was rowing.

I'd avoided involvement this time. It was a bit psychologically interesting turning up but not having been organising. Had a nice chat and felt very welcomed by club members. That was good because I'm carrying a bit of feeling unappreciated. Or maybe ineffective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment