Search This Blog

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Saturday - Park Run

SATURDAY 7-OCT-2023
So today back to the park run cult and a warm fuzzy feeling I've done the right thing by inviting Jemma along. Joined by nephew Peter 

At the start we stood around and cheered various individuals who'd been assigned greatness. Then we gathered eagerly in the polite crush.

Someone must have said go. I was so far back I couldn't hear it. A bit like parliament trying to listen. The crush moved forward and began to thin. I figured I'd better overtake someone so I sprinted past a granny and a then powered past a lady picking up her dogs poo.  About now I'm feeling the month or so I've had off.

It's now run walk run walk run walk run. I'm looking for something interesting but it's just a huge crowd disappearing into the distance. Run walk run walk...

Then I can see the turn around about 200m in front and a lone cyclist pulls onto the path from a side path. The fellow could have easily overtaken on the grass but was determined to stay on the concrete but with the mass of runners going in both directions, he was constrained to jogging speed. He dinged and called out but to no avail.

Run walk run walk. 520m to go and I start running again. Just as well as Peter was just past the 500m mark.  Luckily I don't have strava so it didn't happen. 250m from the finish and we pick up Jemma. No chance for another walk.

And it's over. 🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment