Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Virtual Box

Virtualbox is a program that runs on a computer and inside this program you can set up another virtual computer.

I installed virtual box on my XP machine at work and it works great.  Networking and everything.

So on my net book I have windows 7 Starter.  I run virtual box and I have installed XP inside it.

BOOT XP FROM ISO
Created an ISO of the XP boot disk.
Put that on the local C drive.
In virtualbox, (Withh the new VM stopped),
  need to fill this in


WIRELESS
Problem:  The wireless network adapter of my windows 7 netbook is not seen in the virtual XP machine.
Had a look in the help and it did not help. Apparantly a bug.

CONNECTING TO LOCAL HARD DISK
With the VM stopped, right click & select settings
Choose 'sahred Folders'
On the right hand side click on the + sign
Navigate to folder.
Tick automount.
Run the virtual machine.
From inside the VM, run windows explorer (File manager)
Choose Map network Drive
Choose a drive letter and then choose browse.
Expand Virtual Box Shared Folders.
Click on the drive you wish to map to and click OK etc


http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9697

No comments:

Post a Comment