Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Flood Charity

Came home and discovered this at my back door.

Oxley UC have made up and delivered hampers to food victims.

My immediate reaction was one of "I don't need charity" and that's true.  Then I considered regifting it and worried that whoever I sent it to may see it as reinforcing that same idea that some of us are too good for charity.  So gave up thinking so much and accepted the good will of Oxley Uniting Church and will get into unwrapping it to provide some Cristmas cheer.

Also even though I actually had a great time during the flood, it has not been without stress.  Much of the stress probably not so obvious to me.  Until recently we had alll the wardrobes and desks up stairs and the kids had the beds downstairs.  This instability I think lead to a higher level of discontent and stress than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment