Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trailerstage - Oxley Carols

 Sunday 18-DEC-2011 Oxley UC ran caols on the Oxley SS oval.

They used the trailer stage and I helped put up the video screen.  My poles and Derek's projection surface.

I think the event made in my view an error in becomming too performancy.  They had Christopher Wayne (Who I like) and a band with some connection to Africa that happened to include Steve Molkinton amongst others.  Hadn't seen him for ages.

Either one of these guest artists would have been good but it just seemed the balance between community singing and performance had swung too far toward the performance (in my opinion I stress).  Mid you there were lots and lots of kids who were un engaged running around and it was too dam loud.  I moved from in the middle to right at the back but I still could not carry on a conversation with a friend of mine who I met at the back.  We did get a good sermon though.  The preacher did in my opinion a good thing and spoke about Paul.  By not speaking about Jesus, I think it was a nice change and also for those of us who are not prone to being too good at identifying closely with Jesus (WWJD seems hard sometimes) Paul maybe easier to identify with.  Before he joined the Christians, he delighted in beating them up.  Something for everyone in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment