Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Vodafone resolves an issue

Megan is South of the border hob nobbing it with Julieanne.  My phone beeped at me and I see I have receive a MMS message from Julieanne.  The phone presents me with a button to click to download and view the MMS.  Despite repeated attempts all I ever get is "Download of message PXT from Julieanne.... was unsuccessful"

Using the internet browsing feature on the phone, I ascertain that the number to call Vodafone support is 1555.

Get a drink.  Pad and paper.  Sit down.  Take a deep breath (We are about to contact a telecommunications provider).  Shrug shoulders.  Roll head around on kneck.  Pick up phone.  Call 1555

I am given the option to speak to Lara? but decide on the less personal approach and choose to press 1 for tech support 2 for something else and so on and after dialing about 10 digits I am told there is between 1 and 3 minutes wait. 

I get to speak to Prince (I think).
He asked a couple of questions.  He asked me to acess the internet which I had to do despite insisting that I had just accessed the internet before placing the call and then he got me to send a PXT message to myself.  The phone got stuck sending that.  Just kept saying "Sending".  He then said.  That he would hang up and I should switch the phone off and on again and all my woes would be over.  If not to call back.

I switched it off and on and watta ya know.  I am greeted by my very own PIX message and then this time when I clicked the download button on Julieannes message, I get the picture.

Amazing.  Vodafone have resolved this issue.  One phone call only.

No comments:

Post a Comment