Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Triumphant Entry to Sherwood

Sunday was Palm Sunday.  The day we and many other Christians remember Jesus's triumphant entry into Jerusalem.  An entry incidentally no longer possible for many due to Israeli security measures.

 We gathered at Chapel Gardens and selected palm leaves that had arrived in abundance.
 Then we walked and had a good time.

Have you ever wondered where the palm leaves that greeted Jesus came from.
 Along the way we disrupted the coffee club.  Remind me next time to pre order so that I can take my palm leaves in and disrupt them in as well as out.

Apparently there are no palm trees near Jerusalem.
 Finally arriving that the Church.

Possibly the palm leaves were used to cover dates as they were transported t Jerusalem

Inside the Church Megan lead the disruption (as she does). 

I had a few issues to resolve wrt to Easter Fest so After the walk, I drove home.  On the way noticed that some overpaid under brained bureaucrat has decided that we will add a traffic island.  This has yet to be installed.  When it is, we will no longer be able too have two cars side by side at this intersection.  Due to the traffic on Oxley Rd, once a car decides to turn right, there is considerable delay.  Hence with only room for one car the traffic will back up.

If Jesus had had to put up with this insanity, he would probably never have made it into Jerusalem.


As I was leaving home, I observed the Catholics at the end of my street were also doing a triumphal entry although given that they were already in, I am not sure how you really described this.

No comments:

Post a Comment