Search This Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Labyrinth

Megan laid out a "Labyrinth".  a set of ropes on the ground that marked out a path from the outside to the middle.  In the middle was a rock with a cross on it.  At the entrance, you picked a piece of paper with a meditation outlined on it.



Sometimes the path is narrow.
They are just lines on the ground.  I could just step over them. They are like many of the constraints on my life.  For one person a guide for another an impenetrable barrier.
Gods cross in the middle.  I can see it from the outside. As I walk the path I can turn and see the cross.  When I reach the cross I can look 360 and see the beautiful world around me.
A child dribbles a soccer ball across. Not recognizing the lines. Not respecting the rules they represent.
The lines make the trip seem long. If the rules wern't there I could get in and out much quicker.
Sometimes I seem to be going backwards. Sometimes when I stop and think,  when I start again I am not sure if I am on the way in or out.






No comments:

Post a Comment