Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Concept2 PM2 Console Repair

The batteries leaked in my Concept 2 Ergo PM2 controller.

 Made a bit of a faux-pas in that I cleaned the case in ISO-propal alcohol and it discoloured and partially removed the writing.

For the PCB I tried ISO-propal alcohol, acetone and water and non of them dissolved the leaked and dried battery acid.
 I ended up using a fibreglass brush to rub the dried acid away.
A 66uF capacitor fell off the board.  I think the battery acid may have eaten the solder from under the "+" end.  I did not have any in a "C" size.  Used a 66uF TPS in a D size case.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Frank, I'm trying to repair the same board. The copper trace that approaches C12 is etched away on mine, it appears it goes under C12 but not sure. Do you have any idea what it's attached to? Thanks, Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph,
    I just saw this. Sorry. I have given up on my PM2. Where are you? If you want to pay for the postage, I am happy to give mine to you.

    http://thomsoneu.blogspot.com/2020/04/concept-2-pm2-console-repair-give-up.html

    ReplyDelete