Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Samsung S5 movie files

PROBLEM
I could not find and copy video files off my Samsung S5 to my Windows 10 PC.

INVESTIGATION
Going to my files>Videos
tap and hold.  observe green tick.
Click the three vertical dots at the top right.   This opens a screen called "Details"
Path
/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera/20160283_095822.mp4
I could not on my windows machine find this directory anywhere.

SOLUTION
When the phone is connected to the PC, change the USB connection mode to "Media Device". 
This is done by connecting the phone to the PC,
Slide finger down from the top.
Observe "Connected as a Camera"
Tap it and change to "Connect as Media device (MTP)"
Now the video files show up in the same directory as the still images.  Where they were not visible when it was connected as a camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment