Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter jem text from FB

5:05 am opened one eye and I look at my clock.

I think we left around 6:30
Drove to Grantham where we dropped off a couple of Nutridose controllers.

8:10 Texted Lewis and advised ETA Warwick 9:20.  A pleasant and uneventful drive up the range and over to Warwick.

9:15 ish arrived at Lewis's to a closed gate and their cars on the nature strip.  An enthusiastic welcome by two very energetic dogs explained that.  I cajoled Jemma into opening the gate as I did not wish to leave the ute with all the stuff exposed in the back where a passer by might consider it a smorgasbord.

Upon entry to the house we discovered Claire cooking up some bacon and eggs.  Peter helping to grind coffee.  Although the dogs were excluded from the verandah the labrador kept finding its way in only to be taken out and the entry reinforced.  An old boney black cat joined us at the table and if no one was looking was happy to venture on.

Breakfast and coffee completed and we departed for Stanthorpe.

Jemmas post Messenger:
Arrived finally a few hours ago (after about 9 hours-I think- of travelling from Brisbane to Ballendean). Dad paid the mechanical fixings from his account and will re-emburse himself from Syndetic. Dad and I helped eachother out to set up our tents (I did it bare foot and my feet are now quite sore😔). I bought a pillow (it even comes with a sent :)) from the Regect Shop and I'm now lying on it resting. I believe dad is sleeping or at least dozing in his tent. There's a beautiful breeze at the moment, earlier I felt a couple of light spits/spray of water/rain but that was it. Quite pleasent here actually (I'm not playing around yet as I am internally quite tired). I think I can hear Rosemary up near the cottage talking to other adults (probably having some wine as the sun slowly sets). As I write this sentence, I'm pretty sure I hear Dad snoring from his tent a few metres down).
Enjoy the weekend, and, Happy Easter!
Jemma
Xoxo
😙😘😚

No comments:

Post a Comment